9 Mar 2009

Animation Project!

Basically for Uni I was set a brief to study people's walk-cycles and then to animate one! It only needed to be about 10 seconds of walking but it's surprising how many drawings that means! Also we weren't allowed to loop any of the footage, so each frame was different from any other. First of all I did the traditional 2D animation, with my trusty new light-box and pencils, layout paper and ALOT of patience! I did several line tests early on to check how fluid my movements were, and to my delight I only needed to 'fiddle' with the FPS a little to have a nice smooth animation. After telling myself to stop being such a perfectionist and redrawing each frame again and again for little difference, I finally was happy with my Final Line Test. Here take a look.


After this I imported it into Flash, and basically re-drew everything again! Also I could change the timings, add titles, colours and backgrounds. So I did some rough design work on how I wanted it to look, and I decided to make it bright, vibrant and in that stylised Flash animation look that I really like. And after MANY hours of tampering and choping and changing, I am finally happy to present my Final finished Flash animation! 


This is going to be submitted at the end of the week along with all my research and development work. I have really enjoyed using Flash this time around and I will definitely be making an effort to use it again! I have also been learning some coding so I can make interactive sequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment