24 Mar 2009

Busy Busy week!

This week I have been given not one but two briefs! I also have a personal brief to complete, and an Easter holiday to attempt to fit in somewhere! 
The first brief is a Live brief, from a company called PocketPlaces, they can be found on www.pocketplaces.co.uk from your web browser or www.m.pocketplaces.co.uk from any mobile phone. Basically they are a travel guide company for your mobile phone, but they are updating the feel of this basic form, and came to my Uni to add some interactivity to their site. They have asked me and my fellow students to design an interactive game to have on their site, then they will pick the best one or two ideas, take them away, develop them and then code and launch the game. 
The second brief is for my course, and this is basically to create a Marine creature character, with full design sheets etc. Also we will be modeling and animating this in 3D, so we need orthographic drawings and silhouettes and basically a lot of work!
My personal brief is to start making a small and simple game in Flash, something that I can do some animation in, some coding and that I can start collating my skills and work towards actually producing some small games.
And lastly, it's Easter! So I have 3 weeks to try and fit in as much of this work as I can, and I'm hoping for some time to relax too.

No comments:

Post a Comment